The Half Notes are adjusting to the daily routine this week. They are having so much fun exploring different areas of the classroom and making new friends.
We introduced "Mr. Mat Man" which is a person we constructed out of straight lines and curved wooden shapes. The children then created their own self portraits. They looked into a mirror while naming each part of their face such as: the color of their eyes, lips, and finally their hair color. They also identified other parts of their bodies. They each did an amazing job drawing their self portraits.
During circle time we read we read several books to go along with our "All About Me" theme. Some of our favorites were: I like Me
by, Nancy Carlson, My Very Big World, by Peter Reynolds, and I Like Myself by, Karen Beaumont.
We also have been learning several new songs while listening to the piano such as: "The More We Get Together,""Twinkle Twinkle,""Once I Saw A Little Bird," " The ABC's," and "I Am Special."
Other fun areas of the classroom:


Next week we look forward to a week of fun and wonderful music experiences. Some of our classes include: Music with Ms. Lisa, piano with Ms. Yuting & Ms. Peishuan, Violin with Ms. Becca and Mandarin with Ms. Peishuan.
Notes:
Please bring the proper utensils with your child for lunch and afternoon snack.
Love,
Mrs. B and Ms. Drago


































No comments:
Post a Comment