Sunday, May 5, 2019

MOTHER'S DAY PREPARATION





Dear Parents,

You are invited to our Mother's Day party on Friday, May 10th at 9:15 AM. The children have a wonderful party planned for you which will include singing, yummy treats, and many gifts for mommy.  

We've read several Mother's Day books this week during meeting time such as:  "Happy Mother's Day" by Steven Kroll, "What is Mother's Day?" by Harriet Ziefert, "I Love You, Grandma" by Jillian Harker, and "Mama, Do You Love Me?" by Barbara M. Joosse.

This week, the children have been so busy making their gifts. The class has been painting, rolling clay, drawing, and decorating all week. They are so excited to show you their creative works of art. 








                                   
On Tuesday, we celebrated Oliver's 4th birthday.  Thank you to Oliver's family for bringing delicious homemade car cookies for the class.
Happy 4th  Birthday Oliver!


Other areas of fun :






Participating in a puppet show on a rainy day.






 In music class, the children practiced passing a ball with their bow hand around in a circle.  They sang several songs forte (loudly) and piano (softly).  Ms. Lisa then kept the rhythm with her drum and mallet while the children walked around to the beat.  Whenever she did the "Mississippi Stop Stop" beat, the children reversed their direction.  At the end of class, Ms. Lisa took our her music notecards.  The children identified the rests, quarter notes, and half notes on each card using their fingers and saying "jello (2 beats), pineapple (three beats), blue (one beat), rest, and rest-rest (rest with a hat).


Notes from Ms. Peishuan:

We read a book-At School.
The kids discussed what they like to do in  the school. 
My son and I made a video showing the content in the book. Hope you enjoy watching and learning from it!


Text in English:
At School

I like to read.
I like to draw.
I like to dance.
I like to sing.
I like to swim.
I like to play ball.
I like to climb up and down.

在學校 zài xué xiào at school

我喜歡        看書
wǒ xǐ huan kàn shū
我喜歡         畫畫
wǒ xǐ huan huà huà
我喜歡         跳舞
                       tiào wǔ
我喜歡         唱歌
                       chàng gē
我喜歡         游泳
                       yóu yǒng
我喜歡         打球
                       dǎ qiú
我喜歡         爬上爬下
                       pá shàng pá xià

We will be having parent/teacher conferences on Wednesday, May 22nd.  Each conference will be 20 minutes long. The sign up list will be posted on Monday.  If you are unable to meet with us on that date, please let us know.  

~Please bring eating utensils in your child's lunch/snack       and water bottles for your child every day.  

Have a wonderful weekend,

Love,

Ms. Bonne & Ms. Denise











No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week of School!

Dear Parents, As we conclude our school year, we look back at all the fun memories that we've had with one another. We asked the childre...